"etiology of the myopic position"

since I played lacrosse in college I have no idea what this means. quite certain my frat boys friends who spent their afternoons playing foosball and video games wouldn't either. I would have been with them had I not had something more purposeful to attend. I've had 2 jobs over the years that were directly attributable to lacrosse connections -- specifically that all important 1st one. Lacrosse connections have helped in various business deals. Today show did a segment this morning on MIT football team. starting QB studying to be rocket scientist and back-up has played violin at Carnegie Hall. So maybe you can be a serious student and athlete. Also I met my beautiful wife because she was on the woman's team. College sports are not for everyone but those of us with real passion for our sport have no regrets. [/quote]

There is no maybe about it...

Had you and the frat brothers cared to take a page from the MIT guys; then perhaps the meaning would not have been lost on you. A dual major in foosball and video games and a minor in beer typically relegate the standard D1 athlete to a much more narrow set of options if they actually manage to graduate. (The 6 year plan will likely come into play for many; minimizing any potential financial advantage they may have received).

While having the chance to reach out to the alumni support system with any school is a
Great concept; many again don't get to that level and the opportunity is negligible in those cases.

The students who can integrate and associate wth the entire student body will far exceed the success of those who rather limit their associations to small populations of frats and teams.