Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question. If my son is currently in 8th grade, what's the best way to reclassify him to the grade below without spending $50k/year on a prep school? Luckily I can afford it but that doesn't mean that I want to part with that money. Hoping there's a cheaper way. I'm asking on this thread because I'm sure some of you have crossed this bridge and hopefully figured it out. Thanks for sharing any insights.

So, you want your son to be a cheating loser? Sad

If the only cheating is to this man's financial health why do react that way? If there is no rule against reclassifying then its not cheating. The only thing he is hurting is his checkbook. Personally, I'd like to hear a good answer to his question as I'm sure we've all thought about it at some point.

You know it's cheating. Trying to get an edge. If your kid is not good enough now, holding him back will ultimately destroy his artificially inflated self-esteem when the others catch up and put him back where he belongs. A cheating weasel like his parents! And the legit folks will love to see you get what you and your kid deserve!

So trying to get an edge is cheating? If so, then are all private school kids cheaters? Their parents are paying a ton of extra money to get them an edge over other kids for.....college admissions??? Are kids who use tutors cheaters????? Time to move along people. You probably also get really angry at people that use two lanes up to a merge, right?

YES,YES and YES! Just remember money doesn't always buy happiness. Be a person of moral and ethical values. Do what you know is right, and things will work out. Just because others think they are beating the system doesn't mean you have to jump in and join them. I wish all the real lacrosse players the best of luck. As for the cheaters, you will get what you deserve! Wasted money, social stigma, and embarrassment when your plan doesn't work out the way you thought. And you will deserve everything you get!