Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am certain as sure as this is Tuesday that a number of the Turtles were pursued by Duke. Kids from that program went to comparable programs and also some very good schools. I actually think the Duke 2017 class has some very weak commits...kids who suddenly were ranked on lists for having committed to Duke. I also find it curious that 91 has about a dozen or so commits on a team that lost every game at the Crabs tournament and lost to some regional 3d teams at the fl$ tournament. If Duke used 2 of its bullets on a club team that can't beat other middling club teams, that may say a negative for Duke's recruiting more that a negative on the Turtles kids. Just my opinion, and I am a Maryland guy. No dog in the LI fight over the clubs being better...just plain fact that the Turtles kids are unreal and that team deserved a lot of high level program placements.

A better question is isn't it funny how Duke couldn't get a Turtle committed.

Turtles were not wanted by Duke, or they would have committed. Not to many Turtles going to schools of Duke's caliber except for the ivy commits.