Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting how US Lacrosse has "selection committee" for the U-19 tryouts, but here like every other U.S. National team they come back with a severe bias toward the recruits to the programs the coaching staff come from. Are the best teens in the country concentrated at Penn, Penn State or Ohio State recruits? Many great players selected, but even more were ignored by the lax bro old guard. At pretty much every position on the field there are 2015 through 2017 players I can think of who were just robbed. Frankly at two of the most important positions some of the picks were just baffling knowing who else applied...at FOGO and keeper. I'd also like to see a lot less open parenthesis college closed parentheses attached to each kid as a credential. Pretty much every decent 2017 kid is committed somewhere or could be to a D1 low tier program if they wanted to be. Is a NJIT, Wagner or a Siena verbal commit something exciting that I am not in on yet? Yes, my son didn't get a tryout invite and we are pretty incited about it, but then comes the self reminder that this is US Lacrosse. I kept a copy of the application just for laughs...fill in your college commit here. But remember this is not a part of the selection criteria. Oh sure. That had nothing to do with all the Baltimore old guard kids or OSU or PSU or Penn State recruits who are suddenly the best players. Let me know the last time Those three colleges did much on the field. Do ACC teams cringe before facing one of those three?

sorry your kid want chosen, but that list is stacked with top players. Not saying there are not other top players that could be on that list, but they can't pick all of them. As for being disgruntled about the PSU and OS kids, if you do a little research, you will see those boys are highly ranked Stat leaders that earned those spots without question! If you didn't like this process, wait till next week at UA tryouts. Always interesting!