Originally Posted by Anonymous
Haha. I guess you're getting tired of little Johnnie getting run over on the field and have to come on this board to vent your embarrassment. Hard to teach a kid to be a man when the dad is a whining excuse maker.

Tired of watching 16 year olds running over 14 year olds in club lacrosse? Yes, I think a lot of us are sick of that and would like to see it changed. And when were the parents of the 14 year olds making excuses? Showing up to play and doing the best they can. There isn't a rule against repeating grades, but I don't think club play is where repeat kids should run to hide. My son is a young man who played every minute of 20+ varisty games against poles 5+ years older than he was, and he didn't tap out. Yes, I do lament the welts and the other brutal tear he took last spring as part of the problem. The reclassified tough guy dads always have something to say to excuse it in some way or deflect the point. If you need the crutches of being a 15 year old 8th grader or a 16 year old 9th grader, you're wired weak. It catches up to you in sports and in life. I hope you run your own business, because at this rate of emotional safe harbours you son will be too scared to interview in the real world from a flat start.