Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Don't believe NYS Sections will let you do that. CHSAA maybe, I don't know.

Our town has players practice on Varsity but play the JV games. This is in Nassau. Still doesn't make sense because they get minimal reps in practice and none against the starters. [/quote]

I agree, but as stated above, your son has to do what the coach tells him to do. I would prefer my son starts on JV as opposed to playing minimally on Varsity. "hey coach take my freshman off varsity" I don't think that would be well received. [/quote]

My freshman (2018) is on JV (not our choice). Mine is a very good player already verbally committed and will be at Maverick and Jake reed...yes he got athletic money and no it wasn't a full ride.

While I think he was a little upset that he didn't get the varsity nod, his position on the team is stacked with a lot really good players on a very strong team, and most of them never see the field. After three weeks of JV, I can tell you he is having a great time playing with his classmates. So while I don't get to brag about my freshman on the Varsity, I can see that him having as much fun as he is on JV, is better than riding the bench on the big boy club.

Again, not our choice, nor did we call or complain. We made the decision along time ago that we would back our kid but not call a coach every time something doesn't go my kid's way.

I tend to agree with our coaches choice (after the fact). Why shouldn't those juniors and seniors get their time to play? Mine is a really strong player, but mine is 15 and shouldn't those boys that have been fighting for that spot and paying their dues be the first pick?

For us, the coaches decision makes perfect sense...