Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do the 91 parents not consider Hopkins to be a top level academic school?

It sure is but how many lax players go there and take full
Advantage of that academic sphere?

I'd venture less than 10%.

Reading these ridiculous posts by hateful spiteful long island lacrosse dads. It is both comical and sad that you think you are such experts with regards to academia. First of all choosing a school is about finding the place where a kid can thrive be happy and translate into success. There are plenty of kids who turn down a commit to the "application process at an Ivy" to attend another school that they find more suitable. You need to do your research there are plenty of non-ivy schools where you can get a great education. The kids that are successful afterwords will be the ones that thrived and were happy in the right environment.

And for the guy that says UVA and Duke are not comparable you just uninformed. UVA, and Michigan like UCLA and UC-Berkeley are known as "public ivies" for a reason. They are comparable both academically and research wise to the ivies and other privates such as Duke. UVA is very much comparable to Duke.

And if you think your doing pre-med or engineering at any D1 lacrosse school ivy or not on the 4 year plan you are really not seeing reality. Your kid will either be taking summer classes every year and/or do a 5th or 6th year ...that you will have to pay for. Also summer classes are not covered with scholarship money.

sure glad I dont live on Long Island have to stand on the sidelines with you guys

Sorry UVA and Mich not in same league as Duke and that is not even taking into consideration that they are 2x champs. Just a much better school altogether. But don't listen to me, check the rankings! Please stop trying to justify that your school is in the same league. Just like me saying Duke is the same as Princeton. Not

Actually Hedge Fund Firms and Wall Street firms recruit more graduates from Penn State more than anywhere else?? Strange but true

Source??