Originally Posted by Anonymous
If there is a club team in a sport that plays 10 on the field and has 13 division one commits, and if that club played tournaments but consistently lost to mediocre teams with less than 5 commits I would not even need to fill in a blank on what that sport is to guess. In lacrosse you can suck and it can work out great if you patronize the right club team with the right salesmanship. Watch high level club soccer club play (boys or girls) or high level basketball AAU play, and it is OBVIOUS when a kid is blown up and out of their league. If there is a mistake to put them there, they get made and humiliated really fast. Lacrosse has a way of bearding reality. Let's be candid, if the 91 team was stocked with great players they would not have the abysmal record they do on the field. It just wouldn't happen. And All Star games are cute and all, but they are also contrived to give kids looks or exposure as needed with the club or prep school coaches cajoling for it. Every dad on this board has seen that over and again. Once my kid committed the All Star game nominates stopped cold because on his team there are a few kids still going out after the few that have committed. It's good for business and frankly even at Maverik or UA underclass tryouts it is more of the same. Quite honestly, yes...I think a lot of these kids are either being recruited tobe practice players for no bucks or those are the programs I'd sell short if there was a market for it. We're an above average 2017 team with three uncommitted middies who I would put ahead of any 91 middie committed or not. The debates should hard stop at performance.

Say you are right, which I am not saying that you are, but let's just say- doesn't it make sense to be on a team or club that can do so much for you? It might be good business, but in the end, kids are doing this not to play great youth lax, but to get something out of it- a scholarship, a better education, a school with better contacts etc. It makes sense to me to go with a club that has the ability to help produce the goal at the end. I doubt a single one of these players feel like they have been hurt playing for this team. They have all grown and gotten lots of exposure- leading to a fair number of commits to really good schools. I say hats of to this club and the team!