Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does it say about the credibility of a sport when a kid a few years out of high school who neither played high school or college level lacrosse is the most widely followed expert in the sport?

The kid loves covering lacrosse, not sure what the problem with that is.
More concerning is behavior of all Narcissist parents who beat him up because you can't fathom your kids aren't that good, and didn't get ranked. OK your kid committed early #sofknwhat.

"The Kid" covering lacrosse has a lot of power from behind a laptop. If he played the game, understood it, watched the showcases and gave his honest opinion, hey great gig, good for him. When he gets his information regarding said "Top 25 players" from the same influential coaches, it isn't right. I'm not a narcissist (or narcissistic) but, my kid is pretty good. I've been at top recruiting showcases and have seen many of these kids play and some absolutely belong on these lists but, there are so many that are being "plugged" (over and over and over again) that don't belong on that list. It would be nice to have a "non-influenced" "Kid" write for lacrosse. How great would it be to have some honesty at each showcase "so and so didn't have a great tournament but, where the heck did this kid come from?" That happens all of the time and its never written about honestly. TY keeps blowing smoke up the same kids/coaches butts.

The 4 you need to know:

Because Ty Xanders is getting paid by rich dads who are paranoid & living vicariously through their sons.

Ty is getting ATTENTION by big named coaches trying to keep their D1 job.

Showcases keep him at their events as a "attraction". Kids know Ty (many of them don't respect him either)

And club owners trying to keep $$ flow w/tuitions up by pasting the committed players names on their sites.