Originally Posted by Anonymous

Don't you get it? Winning at club ball really doesn't matter anymore. It's a nice bonus, but my commited son on cares about his own performance. They could blow out every team, but if he does not play well, he considers himself a loser! Now, HS games are a little different story, because they actually count for something.

My committed son DOES care if his club team wins or loses. He was taught at a young age, "if they keep SCORE it matters!". So, he has that mindset and his performance falls in place.

Why do you even show up. [/quote]

You show up to play your personal best. That's what counts most. Club ball is for recruiting exposure. HS wins, and of course later college, are they only ones that matter, sorry. Winning the tournament is meaningless when compared to being a county or state champion. [/quote]

TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!! Colleges coaches NEED to see TEAM play!! Chemistry, share the ball & togetherness. That happens when you train and succeed with a CORE group of teammates. Your "personal best" is 2nd....no doubt.

Baseball is individualized event that your "personal best" trumps the rest. Team is key buddy. [/quote]

When a lax player fails play his best, he winds up on the bench if he is on an elite team. You can't help your team if you are making mistakes such as goalie not making saves, fogo not winning ball, attack missing pass, buddy. [/quote]

Unless you are a coaches kid and he blames the other arm of the team for not picking up the slack [/quote]

Thanks buddy, well I assumed your son was a top level player on an elite team. sorry.