This country is so upside down, you actually feel guilty for your own success! Well guess what? I don't. I also don't feel I owe anyone anything either. The government takes way more than a 4 year private degree from me every year in taxes, so I'm doing more than my part to help out those who need it. I also donate nearly a half years tuition to my town and local school district for the privilege of putting the key in my front door. My father fought in WWII for this country, for the opportunities and freedoms it used to afford. Hard work and success were things that were held in high regard. They weren't punished by progressive taxation. If you couldn't afford college, you worked and went to night school. You didn't look for a handout. The reason these schools cost $60k a year is because of the third party pay system set up by the government. So please, save your holier than thou drivel for someone who gives a sh=t. Now go see if you can find a way to vote again for this Ivy League Educated ZERO running this once great country. [/quote]

We all pay Federal, local and property taxes and more if we are lucky to make more, that is nothing special. Looking for a handout, you mean like looking for a lacrosse grant in aid to help pay for your kid's college? That sounds like a handout to some kids who get perfect grades and scores who don't have a coach schilling them in and giving athletic money which is a hand out. What you call a pity case is pretty pathetic. If some private colleges can afford to hand out lots of academic aid and scholarships that seems like a private institution making a private decision that you should not care less about.