Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That tournament was a joke. teams did not have their key players because they were at underarmour along with all the college coaches! A waste of time!

Far from a joke. Some of the top HS in the country were there. Key players at UA? Yes, but how many from each team? 1, 2? the teams were well matched & provided many exciting games to watch. Miaa teams were impressive & deep with talent & looked alot older....
lol.

The only people who would consider this a competitive tournament are the parents of boys who have not been to the more competitive tournaments. I don't want to pick on the event but have to challenge those who say it was high caliber tournament. It was not. if you do not want to believe a random poster on this forum go ask "a 2015 or 2016 player" who plays on a top club team who also went to this event. Ask if this was the best competition of the summer. Also ask what events had more college coaches in attendance.

There is no way you can accurately compare summer ball the varsity season. Many players don't play on summer teams for one reason or another. I was there and all the kids my son was looking forward to playing on the top teams were not there.