Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI teams looking real weak at LFTC.
Say that again, we didn’t even have 1 team make the quarter finals. md had 5, ny, ct, and nj each had one.

Terrible! The bees looked more like fly’s. I think the other LI clubs did better?

YJ 24 A’s gets a new coaching change one week before summer tournaments of recruiting year. New coach Doesn’t know the girls playing. The team got hosed a bit with this. Not the time for new coaching style and plays. Not the time for a learning curve! The team looks confused? It’s a shame, hopefully they pull it together fur their last few tournaments? Bad timing on “management” call!

Sounds like a bunch of excuses. A good team will still do great despite any coaching change. I think they didn’t realize that in this recruiting year, the other teams suddenly get much better. Girls are working extra hard to get recruited. LI just is not have the best athletes.Clubs like YJ don’t really care about the girls, they care about their pockets first. This is a stressful time for the girls, and the sooner you recognize that only a small handful of your girls will be recruited to a top 20 school the better.

You are probably on to something regarding the number of girls being offered a spot at a Top 20 program. As the sport continues to grow it will also become more competitive therefore those coveted offers from the best college programs / schools will become harder to come by.

Here is a quick snapshot of the number of Long Island players selected to the Under Armour All American Team in recent years.

2016 - 13
1017 - 11
2018 - 9
2019 - 6
2020 - 10
2021 - 5
2022 - 5

I am guessing that we will see fewer girls from Long Island being offered spots at the top programs in the future as well. There are more HS girls playing and there are more college opportunities but the best programs will continue to take the best players.

Do you think it has something to do with the AS start up? Or, is that a non factor? I’m not sure how they pick the UA All Americans? How do they?