Originally Posted by Anonymous
The bottom line it's a big business. Soccer is even worse. Would any medical professional think it's a good idea to go from a soccer practice or game on to a lacrosse game or practice. There are Dr's who now specialize in over use injuries. Think about that, youth sports has created a whole new medical field. Do any clubs in any sport discuss the importance of rest and recovery? Rest and recovery doesn't make any money. For those parents who were athletes or had friends who were athletes, how many of you or your friends required surgery or pt as a kid? Probably very few, that's because you didn't have 9 or 10 games and or practices in a week. There's a reason the ncaa and professional leagues have rules in place on practice times, because too much is not safe even for adults. I think the drama would diminish dramatically for all clubs and all sports, if there was a little more emphasis on development in a healthy way and a little less focus on $. I would think if a club ran things in a healthy way they'd more than ,make up lost revenue on volume. People would be signing up in droves to be on the Z team.The pendulum always swings. I'd be willing to bet that our children won't put their kids through what we put them through.

Lax is Life. Duh. Get a clue.