Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are amazed at the amount of schools offering women’s lacrosse with well over 500. The discussions on here have peaked my interest in the 23 class. Even though it’s more than 6 months into their recruiting, we cant believe the volume and pace.Tons of activity the last few weeks and months.
Yesterday-Arizona State, Gardner Webb, Sacred Heart and Central Michigan. Some very competitive D2 and 3 also in Bentley, Lenoir Rhyne, SUNY Cortland, Denison, to name a few.
The fact that D2 and D3 has only just started for 2023 is amazing. How do these schools juggle recruitment and the start of their seasons??
Despite thinking that we would hit some schools this winter as a 2024, we were informed that the top D3 schools wouldn’t allow us to attend because they were still looking heavily at 22 and 23
Other showcases that allowed 24s didnt seem to be paying much attention to us. One of the D1 coaches recently told the 2023 group that they had plenty of spots left and didn’t even address 2024. I know they can’t talk to the girls officially but the consensus was they didn’t seem to watching.
I’m glad we exposed my daughter to some of this stuff, but probably was overkill. Most people agree that Texas was fun but it wasn’t necessary for girls to land in a good landing spot. Maybe a bit too early for a majority of girls?.
I agree that this summer and fall that tourneys like that will be necessary for 2024.

D3 will be behind because they often get whoever is left who doesn’t get d1 d2 offers

Of course! but many Division 3 schools are better options than Division 2.
Actually, as far as academics go some D3 schools are better than a good amount of D1