Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the concern is more so for the talented kids who didn’t move teams yet who are still on those rosters. Wasting their potential with clubs that can’t do anything for them.

Look at their 2022 commitments to see how good they are at potentially showcasing your daughter. 91 is not a program that will get her any looks or help with recruiting at all. They have 5 commits from 2 teams at 2022 - all to schools a decent HS player can just walk on anyway. Players need to be seen by Coaches who attend the top tournaments - there are probably 4-5 during the summer that most Coaches attend and 91 is never there.

So showcases don’t matter? No matter what club a child plays on if they are good and the talent is there they will be known or seen! I have known many of kids who have played for the top clubs, a lot just on the roster never seeing the field and never touched the field in college. So does just wearing the gear get your child a scholarship and playing time? I have also known children who could have been on the A team at the top clubs but chose to go with a different club because of the coaching and not wanting to deal with the politics and guess what they all got d1 scholarships and actually played in college. I will say it’s obvious that the top club attracts top players but that does not mean they are the only top kids looked at! They have more exposure from a big club but talent will get you the best exposure! Go where your child is happy and fits. That’s where they will excel and do their best. That’s the end goal happy children not happy fathers living through their kids!

Have you been to a showcase? It's usually 75-100 girls of mixed grades - complete mayhem. Unless the Coach invited your daughter and you had a conversation prior to the event, it is highly unlikely that your Diamond in the Rough will be seen. Top clubs contact coaches and let them know your level of interest. The landscape is changing and alot of these young NCAA Coaches have all played for, or know the rep, of the top clubs. The branding and marketing of these clubs will trump your no-name superstar who is trying to do it alone, everyday.[/quote]

Even if you’re crazy talented if you don’t have a coach or club connected to the recruiting world and right tournaments you’re in trouble.