Originally Posted by Anonymous
“Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back” Quote

“As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.” Quote

“Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.” Quote

“I look through all threads that are active and would have to disagree I think there is an issue with this team. Years ago parents turned to this forum about this team as well when a bunch of kids jumped ship in middle school. There has always been issues with the program and the team. I’m sure it’s a few toxic parents who aren’t happy who would rather hope that it gets addressed here and publicize the drama rather than put their name being it to their coaches or program.” Quote

This is a very old story and most of this happened a very long time ago. They got rid of the old coach from middle school and the problems from last year were ‘let go’. They were not very good last year but most are feeling the future is bright.

At the begging of this team, they had a coach who now coaches YJ A when they were a 24/25 combo team. She quit and went to YJ with half the team now on YJ A and B. The middle school coach quit , she was a director, and left to coach at legacy and in college. The most recent coach, also a director, quit as well and left to coach at jesters. There is a trend, and it has nothing to do with the adults that left. The individuals who left are 3 of the stronger coaches we have had in the 24 age group. It is outrageous to claim that they let go of two coaches offered college positions, one who turned it down one who has now been at multiple colleges and a third who is coaching a top 5 team for the 24 class.

As a 24 parent who also coaches for a boys program and knows all of the individuals mentioned above personally I would really suggest that you do more self reflection into your program rather than pointing the figure everywhere else.