Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is very difficult to determine top player -is it always a middie , GK or is a defender on great team that barely plays D all game the best. It shakes out in college -most super stars don't make it past fall ball unless they are OK with riding the bench. Very few freshman at MD, UNC, BC will see the field.

The vast majority of the players ranked in the Top 30 - 40 go to the Top 10 to 15 programs in the country and most of them get on the field right away.
You obviously have not been around the game long. Hope the koolaid tastes good.

Here is how the Ranked players actually did in college... Below is how the Inside Lacrosse 2015 Young Gun Senior Girls did in college. This is the HS Graduating Class of 2016 I choose this class because they have just finished their college careers.

Inside Lacrosse only ranked 30 players in the class of 2016.

There were at least

24 Players became starters and or a regular player who played in every game, generally one of the 13 - 15 players who play every game.

14 All-Conference

11 All-Americans

14 Team Captains

3 or 4 who never developed into a regular and played in a reserve role

2 or 3 season / career ending injuries.

The players who are ranked in general, do not quit, they go to the best college programs and have very good college careers.

I see 16 who started at perennial top 15-20 programs and some of those players did so in spite of a season ending injury in their career. A handful started at programs not as highly ranked and a couple transferred to those schools before seeing much playing time. I see at least 12 on the watch list who started at top programs and had very notable careers. These lists correctly identify a lot of eventual top college players, but they are a snapshot in time and high school is not college.

So it’s 30% accurate. This is as expected since all kids change and develop at a different pace. It just reflects that some kids peak earlier than others. Bottom line is who cares about these lists.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes