Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK people, you should all chill on the recruiting conversation. It’s going to be a different journey for every single girl! Some will get interest quickly and others it will take time.

The important time will be this Spring/Summer as far as getting “seen” by the coaches. The girls should be pro active on their recruiting accounts. Make sure to get some highlights up and questionnaires filled out to the schools they are interested in. Then reach out to all the schools/ coaching staff that they are interested in, right before each Spring/Summer event with their game schedule. Ask club director/recruiting director/coach to reach out on your behalf as well. Especially, if you know one of your preferred colleges will be attending event.

Good luck to all! Be pro-active now and keep going. 9/1 date is not the be all , end all for offers. For most girls, it will not be 9/1 offers. Keep the dream alive and many doors will open. Hopefully, everyone ends up in a place where they can thrive on many levels. Lacrosse can help open doors that may have been closed! Good luck!

Thank you.. Rules seem to slow down the process and clubs are less involved early on. Prior to rule changes so many girls would commit super early.
The clubs websites would show all the young girls and the verbal commits. It was a way to generate hype and get younger players to hopefully come to their club. This all meant $$.
Rules have changed. The recruiting is pushed back so that the girls can play and enjoy Youth and HS sports more . Now clubs try to generate news in other ways. You can see some of it on this site. Like saying schools have reached out to them and making them look special.
2024 Girls need to keep working hard to get on the colleges radar. It’s so early. Plenty of time to be seen and don’t sweat it. 2022 are still commiting and colleges are deeply involved in 2023 at the moment.

I really don't think that this has anything to do with clubs. In my experience while some schools are swtill on other classes the next class is of interest to top programs.

I agree , colleges recruit ‘players’ not ‘clubs’. It’s up to the girls to do the work and reach out to the schools. Schools are slowly collecting data on the sophmore class.
The post about some schools only letting 2022 and 23 at this point is interesting. I have seen that a few times also.

The best clubs have lots of players. Watch the top schools go watch a girl and see handful of others they could recruit. Your quote about not recruiting clubs isn’t entirely true.

Obviously college coaches are going to watch the top club teams but they will "recruit" the player, not the club. Players on the top club teams will get more exposure especially to the stronger college programs but even on most the top club teams only a 5-7 players will receive offers from the top college programs.