I had a 2022 who went through fall tournaments pre-Covid and she received “general interest” after tournaments and camps. It was directed to her club coaches. Over the spring and summer during Covid she received more “general interest” from schools. It is permissible. There was no back and forth conversations with her and coaches. She did receive some questionnaires via text or Instagram DM. No conversations… just questionnaires. Once again… permissible.
However, not all interest pans out come 9/1. My daughter had some schools that had expressed interest prior to 9/1 not reach out and she had some schools who had not expressed interest reach out.
We used it as a gauge of where she fell and where to focus but understood that things are constantly changing as coaches continue to watch the girls.
Do not be alarmed if your daughter hasn’t gotten interest. It is very very early in the process for 2024s. My daughters team was a high level team and less than 50% of girls on team had interest after the fall tournaments. However they are all happily recruited today. It will work out! Good Luck to all the girls. It can be stressful but too much focusing on interest at this point makes it even more stressful than necessary! Wishing everyone in this class the best of luck!