Originally Posted by Anonymous
---- "Kind of unfair to take a spot away from a true 24" ----

---- "It’s a privilege reserved for the wealthy." ----

If you think like that, please do not instill that type of attitude in your children.

Does anyone know if there are rules regarding reclassification?
For instance can you start Kindergarten late,
Reclassify freshman year of HS and then go to prep school 2 years after HS and start College at 22 or 23?
Think about that advantage for the 23 year old freshman.

If you are wealthy and can afford to re-class at 50-70k per year in private school (can’t reclassify in public unless failing grades), that re-class advantage could be a real scenario! I think you are looking at 1 and 2 year reclass now. It is an advantage and you prob. have to be wealthy to do it. That’s why it’s becoming even more of an
elitist sport with more people choosing to do this re-classing to get advantages. Crazy

What is Crazy?

Is there something wrong with making choices that are advantages to your own success?

Nah, I agree that’s it’s kind of crazy.
There should be age restrictions early in the youth game and should be an age restriction for starting freshman year. Unless of course you are military. Probably unlikely because there is too much $$ involved with the prep schools. A whole industry of the rich and famous would be negatively impacted if they leveled the playing field.

Agree that youth sports should be age based. But an age based restriction for starting college is a bit much.

The resentment and animosity directed at people of means is really sad. The whining and making excuses why their child is not being offered a spot at one of the top lacrosse programs or top academic institutions or in some cases both is also sad.

For some, it’s always something i.e. politics, pay to play, friends & family, connections, club affiliation, coach favorites, parent coaches etc… now it’s wealthy people reclassing or choosing to do a PG year that is making it unfair.

Most parents I know are hoping that lacrosse will help their kids get into a school that they would not get into based on grades alone and or to possibly get some financial help. All of the nonsense about fairness, politics and whatever other excuses will go out the window on September 1.

The recruiting process lets all of the players and parents know just where they stand. But even during the recruiting process there will be complaints of politics and the rest of the BS.