Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ivy and NESCAC rosters have a lot girls from all over and especially prep schools.

Ok these are valid points. So is it better to keep an ok but not stud kid on an A team that plays in the best brackets or put them in a B team where they won’t even get looks because coaches assume they weren’t good enough to be on the A team? I’d rather my kid be with the best players so she can try to get better, but I empathize with them when they’re barely seeing the field.

Just my opinion but define ok kid. Stud can play anywhere and get noticed. Earlier somebody asked how recruitment process different for some and how/why. Studs know by early summer their phone blowing up 9/1 and only tears shed are over which top school they score not if.
Ok kid playing say at least 1/3 of games? If not that’s really bad imo and a move maybe warranted. If playing day a 1/3 are they getting it done to an acceptable level of just surviving or say scoring empty net goals as 9th attacker fed from top 10 mid in nation?
The sooner you embrace reality the better it will be. Get on another solid A team or a Very good B with a top franchise. There are many with a couple on Long Island and tons elsewhere like Heroes M@D M&D untied Steps etc etc…
My point is you gotta PLAY! Most top players train outside travel so practices should be team concepts and game speed not catching ability.
PLAY! Many kids sit bench for years on top teams only to sit bench on top HS teams into say junior year. Lack of actual playing hinders their growth on the game field regardless of their abilities on the wall or backyard b-T-b’s.
I bet you’d be surprised how many very good players populate a few lesser franchise A teams and top travel B teams. Imo the kids playing game in game out at or just above their level and getting it done game after game do much better than being in the TOP Teams leaning on their sticks summer after summer and high school season after high school season.
Sooner or later they’ll have to perform in front of a college coach they want to impress whether at a tourney or a prospect camp. Sitting the bench all those summers won’t help and even if more schools at their games they don’t recruit if you aren’t playing.
Best luck all kids[/quote]

My daughter played on a top team, a great player but was not started in some games due to politics in my opinion. Why do I say this? She did not do all the “suggested” clinics. Yet she was put in when we were in championships?? She did get recruited by several top teams and is committed. So many strange shenanigans go on behind the scenes, you have no idea. I am so happy to be done with this, but am extremely sympathetic to the girls still in the recruiting process. It’s all so stressful. Please be careful and know that you are the only one who knows best for your daughter![/quote]

There is no doubt that politics has a great impact on this sport and some situations are worse that others. I guess it’s easy to ignore or deny when you are benefitting from it. If your kid is lights out it makes it easier but surely it’s never smooth sailing. I always tried to avoid parent head coaches as best I could but any parent coach can be a problem especially if their kid plays your kids position. Who’s training who and money exchanges also make it complicated. Some would say that this is how the world works but doesn’t mean it’s ok. We are talking about youth sports and a game. Heart breaking sometimes.