Originally Posted by Anonymous
IMO the girls should play with girls from they're own team for morale building and extra reps together. It only makes sense and as someone mentioned probably is going to be a morale killer and yet another reason for parents to complain. They find reasons to complain enough.

These pick up teams definitely can cause animosity if you act your daughters age. Any chance to play is a good one in my book. It doesn’t hurt anyone to get your kid more reps. I’m sure if you know the lightning or power coaches and simply ask if they need subs they’ll gladly take you. If you’re a parent whose being a sour laxers that they didn’t get pulled to a pick up team you have bigger problemos

Also, their club teams don’t necessarily do these extra things. Nothing wrong with girls playing extra stuff on pick up teams for extra training if they are asked and club not doing. Great opportunity for them!!!

Completely agree. I’m sure that if someone also wanted to do a pickup team their coach was doing they would just need to ask. The people on here saying otherwise have alterior motives don’t be fooled

Not only that, but anyone can form a pick up team to do this extra stuff. They don’t have to wait for coaches. Find some like minded parents and kids who want to do more than their team is offering… go for it. No use complaining about others doing it. Great opportunity.

A lot of pick up teams are formed by parents and they reach out to a coach for the team. That’s how tribe, lightning, and power started. A parent started it for their kids and coached it, or in the case of power and tribe requested it from a coach and helped set it up.

Pick up teams don’t hurt anyone. If you are worried your kid has teammates on a pick up team then you have bigger issues to worry about