Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter is a 2024 and sent an email to her top schools before the fall tournaments started. She received this email or something similar back from several of them:

“Thanks for expressing interest in Penn State Women's Lacrosse! Per NCAA rules, we are not permitted to correspond with you at this time. Please take a minute to complete our questionnaire by clicking the link below! We look forward to your response!

https://questionnaires.armssoftware.com/d2346b2f0cc5

Please join us at our Winter Clinic on January 15, 2022:
https://gopsusports.com/sports/2018/8/8/camps-w-lacros-camp-html.aspx?id=943

We Are!
Katrina

--
Katrina Geiger
Pennsylvania State University
Assistant Coach, Women’s Lacrosse
137 East Area Locker Room Building
University Park, PA 16802
C: (610)764-5370”

The recruiting director has been letting us know about the schools that have told her that they are “interested”. We’re not dense and we know that “interested” does mean that she’s been recruited. heck, they may change their minds before 9/1. It just means that they saw my kid play and they liked what they saw so far.

I’m sure others are getting the same emails as my daughter.

No one has texted her or us. She has filled out the questionnaires of her top school that are “interested” in her.

For the 2024s, is basically general interest at this point. Nothing serious.

Thank you for sharing but the email is standard for anyone sending an email to a coach. This is including the invite to the camp. It seems to be an automated response for all.
The questionaire is also standard.
Unless you are a top club and a top player, the director letting you know about schools(plural) raises a question?
What club and how much is being talked about?
We all read the rules, -basic yes or no questions.
And basic literature ect.

Seems kind of fishy that one or a few people won’t let the point go and are taking it very personal when not heard.
It this an exchange between parents or is something else going on here?

Enjoying the exchange here but of course sifting through the good and the bad. I have a 2024 that is active and a good player. She plays for a good club that has well documented success in recruiting that you will never see on here looking for applause. We have found the colleges to be following the rules.
Surely one or a few posts appear less than genuine but hopeful that it’s not what it appears..

This is what we are experiencing and the feedback we are getting from many of our friends. Nothing special about receiving an invite response in an email started by the player. It certainly doesn’t mean the school is interested. Anyone who is being told differently is being sold fake news. I’m sure the schools are compiling a list of players but please don’t panic if you aren’t receiving what is being stated here. There are so many schools and plenty of time. 2023s are still committing.

Nothing special about being on schools radar at this point. However, if you have sent notes to 25 target schools and have received interest from none of them so far, it is probably a sign that you are targeting a level of play too high.

Lol! Way too early to make a comment like that.
Getting on the radar is what many of these girls are working at. The new rules promote it. Most or all of the schools are playing by the rules. They may be building data on 2024 but still knee deep in 2023.
D1, D2, D3, NAIA and club, so much opportunity for these girls. Going through this process should be enjoyed.