Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, some of you will never get it. Or should I say you will never admit that your opinion of your daughters lacrosse abilities may not be accurate. It’s not always about connections and politics.

I can attest from a different perspective. From a perspective that is not “sour grapes” or from some overlooked player, or parent of. A perspective from a player (parent) who made all the teams, made all the lists and was one of the most highly recruited in her age group. And absolutely YES, the politics are insane. All the quotes you dismiss above, are at play and hard. My daughter had her choice pretty much anywhere she wanted to go, heavily recruited but never had a political push behind her. Can’t complain because it simply could not have worked out better for her, but seeing and watching all the garbage that went on with a good number of players around her, it really is astounding what goes on. We were very lucky to rise above it all, but I certainly see some of those deserving players getting shafted, and I certainly see the friends and family or head scratchers as you call them. If you think it is a level playing field, and that there are no politics at play, then you have no clue of the big picture and how it all works. Even with amazing skill and talent, kids still need a little luck threading the needle. Good Luck to anyone still having to go through it.

That was our experience as well. There are at least 2-3 players on all the top programs recruiting class that should not be there talent wise. They will never see the field. Connections!!

Here we go again, another delusional parent spewing nonsense.

You state: "There are at least 2-3 players on all the top programs recruiting class that should not be there talent wise." That statement is not accurate at all. The top programs bring in on average 8 recruits per year, do you really believe that the coaches are bringing in 3 of the 8 because of connections and or politics? If that was even close to being true, the "top programs" would not be the top programs for very long.

The best programs are the best programs because they get the best players.

Below are arguably the 10 best programs in the country, these 10 programs are the only programs that finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past 8 seasons (obviously Penn & Princeton did not compete in 2021). Some of the other top programs would include Notre Dame, Penn State, Duke, JMU, Loyola, Stanford, USC. (i'm guessing the numbers would be similar at these programs.

Below is the number of Freshmen on each teams current roster.

5 - Boston College
8 - North Carolina
7 - Northwestern
10 - Maryland
7 - Syracuse
8 - Princeton
8 - Virginia
10 - Penn
7 - Florida
8 - Stony Brook

Sorry, coaches are not handing out 2 or 3 of their very limited spots to connected players. Coaches are trying to win and they need to bring in the best players in order to do that.

Your comment: "They will never see the field." is pointless, there are players at every program at every level that will never see the field... not really sure what your point was?

The bottom line is that many parents make up excuses as to why their kid didn't get "Ranked" or "make a team" and now many want to use the same excuses as to why their daughter did not get recruited or offered a spot.