Coaches do not offer spots based on “reputation”, they watch kids play, they identify the players that they believe can help their program and they make offers to those players. It is not a complicated formal, they watch, they identify, they recruit and make offers. Reputation really has nothing to do with it.[/quote]

Maybe my inference on coaches not wanting to buy new car to fill limited garage based on reputation wasn’t clear enough or misunderstood. My point being your “reputation” like playing for Top travel team won’t be enough to get you the 9/1 phone call(s) you want.
Plenty of prior posts imply that simply being on a top team at top tourneys getting some playing time will ring daughters phone. It won’t. Original point was to get high level skilled play in front of coach(s) not so much “ I’m on 3rd ranked team in USA ( any number ) for 9 years watch me play at xxxx tourney for 1 shift cause my team reputation will see me through. Unless a school yiu target is at your game(s) they don’t watch and it is reputation unless you get in front of them. Many times those 30 schools on sidelines are there to watch your 3-5 best players and they move on to do the same next game next teams. If your that kid you good. If you the other 12+ well maybe not