Originally Posted by Anonymous
The UA senior game was great to watch on espn! Great to see the 2021's a great game. The 2022 teams for American select were not stacked with the best because the best of 2022 are already committed! Why pay $500+ for a few nike shirts and shorts(AS had bad swag). The 2023 American Select girls were clearly the top players. I watched the games and saw the coaches in attendance. The format of American Select is just better for college coaches to see the girls they are interested in now, the 2023 class. The 2023's will pay the money for the better exposure and better competition, simple as that. Why would a 2023 join the AU over the AS when 75% of the UA team are 2022 commits? They know most of the coaches are only watching "their committed" 2022 girls if they watch at all.

The 2024's were clearly the top players and I'm sure they all want to do AS again if they make the teams next year. Long Island can cry about 2 watered down teams, figure it out in the next 12 months. What was obvious from watching the 2024's is there is talent all over the country! There were a lot of surprise wins last week! The tops clubs will stay on top of the national rankings because they are just deeper than the other clubs around the country. These AS games allowed great players from different clubs to form some nice teams. The Florida and Cali teams had great showings with several legit top girls, kudos to those girls. Clearly the best grouping of 2024 talent that has been assembled was at AS last week! It will be the same story next year for the 2024's with the college coaches tents filled just like last week.

Thank you for the helpful feedback. I agree it's exciting to see good teams starting to come out of different regions - Colorado, Florida, Georgia and California look to be on the up and up! How many coaches would you estimate were watching the 23s? Were any coaches watching the 24s?