Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think all parents want is transparency. If a kid isn't playing why? How are you helping them to get better and get on the field(besides offering private training at an extra cost). If a kid isn't going to play cut them, don't expect them to walk away. If you ask for money, where is it going? If a kid tries out for another team another team, that should be ok. I think it's a bit bold of you to suggest that if there are complaints it's on the parents. I've yet to see a coach who is perfect. I think parents need to look at things through the eyes of a coach, that said I think coaches should make an effort to look at things through the eyes of a parent. Like it or not as a coach you are being paid to provide a service. Think of any service that you pay for in life. Don't you expect some form of communication, some reasoning of why things are being done? I think if there was a little more give and take parents, coaches and players would benefit.

I think a lot of it stems from parents inability or unwillingness to give an honest assessment of their kid's ability.

I think it's the coaches job to give an assessment of a players ability and communicate that assessment. Many parents are not qualified to accurately assess there kids ability so they rely on a coach. Can you assess your childs ability in calculus or do you rely on the teacher? While some are qualified, most are not.

I think the comment about complaints being on the parents is laughable. There are constant complaints on this board about all different clubs and all different ages. So all clubs and their coaches are perfect? Club coaches complain about other clubs and their coaches constantly. Tons of parents complain about DK are they wrong?