Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is very difficult to determine top player -is it always a middie , GK or is a defender on great team that barely plays D all game the best. It shakes out in college -most super stars don't make it past fall ball unless they are OK with riding the bench. Very few freshman at MD, UNC, BC will see the field.

The vast majority of the players ranked in the Top 30 - 40 go to the Top 10 to 15 programs in the country and most of them get on the field right away.
You obviously have not been around the game long. Hope the koolaid tastes good.

More nonsense, obviously from someone who knows very little. I’m sure you are one of the delusional parents who knock the rankings when your daughter is not recognized. The actual facts prove that the large majority of IL Young Gun Seniors ( top 30 & top 40 IL had changed the numbers a few times) go on to the most competitive college Programs (many wold say the best programs Carolina, Maryland, BC, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Virginia, Florida, Penn, ND, PSU, Loyola, USC, Stanford) and have very good college careers and by the way those are excellent schools as well. Stony Brook and JMU are two of the best programs but do not get many of those ranked players. Denver has been making a case for themselves to be considered a consistent Top 20 program as well not sure how many ranked players they get.

The coaches at the best college programs seem to identify the same players as Inside Lacrosse so I will go with their assessment and evaluation.

Haters gonna detest, and bash and try to diminish the rankings every year but all of the attempts to tear down will not elevate their daughters ability in the eyes of college coaches or anyone else for that matter.

BTW , no koolAid…. Just an observation of reality and how the players have performed during their college careers .

Congratulations to all who are recognized.

Agreed all players listed are very talented as are many players who didn't make the list. I think where alot of the debate comes in is people arguing over past performance versus college potential.

I've noticed that IL tends to reward players with great physical attributes who have a ton of upsided much more than players who dominated high-level club but may be a bit smaller or slower.