Originally Posted by Anonymous
2024’s if your kid is good enough to play at a top 10+ school than the only tears she’ll shed is she signed at Duke not ND or Virginia not UNC / UPenn not Yale etc. If kids just really good than try a reach but get to several camps / prospect days or small multi school camps so daughter can get personally face to face in front of coach(s) of programs that are attainable. Make the coach who’s attending those big tourneys want to go see her play not just her team vs other team play. Good luck all

Incoherent rambling.

I actually get what this person is saying,
In a nutshell…..

Stay away from the MONEYCRAB !!
And Anyone trying to sell you on the idea !!

Again with the money grab nonsense. Why do people care what others do? If you want to send your daughter to an event send her, if you do not want to then don't send her. You do not have to go to any events or you can go to all of them.

I guess what the person is trying to say is that if your daughter is the type of player that is going to receive offers from Top 10 caliber programs the process will not be very stressful. If your daughter is not of that caliber you have to go to prospect days and camps. I agree with that, the large majority of players from LI will not be receiving offers from Top 10 - 20 type programs it just the way it is.

Not everything is a money grab, If there is a showcase/camp/prospect day or whatever and a coach from a school that your daughter is truly interested in I would say it worth going.

The reality is that parents complain when their daughter is overlooked, they whine if their daughter doesn't make a select team like Under Armour, they claim events are money grabs if their daughter does not receive interest or an offer after attending, they will bash the IL rankings if their daughter is not recognized and I am sure they will complain and cry politics when other players start committing.

Nuts!