Originally Posted by Anonymous
Joining in on this conversation late. Our daughter also has had expressed d1 interest through the club. This came both during and after tournaments as well as after camps where they reached out to coaches or the club directly about our daughter. I think some of the confusion may be coming from families who have kids who got recruited pre-covid. Things are different now than they were five years ago. Rules are still rules and d1 coaches aren’t calling our family, but they are asking about our daughter and telling our club they are interested. Timelines are different now because of covid and many coaches are being proactive to fill gaps they have from the covid recruiting classes(2021/2022)

WIth the new recruiting rules, the biggest difference is that it gives club coaches and directors much more influence on the recruiting process since only they can communicate. This is why it is more important than every to play on a well-connected club. (notice I didn't say a top-20 club). There are a couple of clubs outside the top-2 who are very well connected within the recruiting process.

At this point for most 24s, the biggest thing they need to ensure is that they are targeting schools at the right lacrosse level. I agree with a prior poster who said that if you arent receiving any feedback from any of the schools who you have reached out to, it is probably a red flag. Remember most girls from this aread who don't get any offers, the reason is that they targeted their lax ambitions too high.

If your daughter is going to any of the big xmas camps (UVA, Duke, Lacrosse Masters, XPO), they should take a hard look at where they stack up and potentially adjust their list accordingly.