As far as I know.....They do not matter in sense that there is nothing done with them, no awards, no use other than to give folks an idea of how competitive teams are. IMHO the algorithm used is as good as any basic algo and actually does a pretty decent job getting the teams in a reasonable, albeit not perfect order. I would say it is similar to saying to 200 kids, line up by height and stopping the process after the 1st 45 seconds. Generally speaking, I believe all teams in top 50 are within ~10 spots of where they should be, the 50-100 within ~15 spots, and the 100-150 within ~25 spots. Its anyone's guess on the last 50-70 teams, many of these teams do not have a good representative sampling of games played. You can click on the team and see all the scores as well as click one more time to see what he team they played was ranked. I am pretty sure the algorithm has only been in use for the last season Nov-July for the most part. It looks like they are re-setting and starting up fresh starting in Nov. 2021. Overall I give these rankings an A- for their 1st go around and honestly I don't think it necessarily needs may changes. Maybe a tweak or two to help dial in the 50-150 teams and something that takes in to account a team playing the same team within a week (at same tourney) - maybe average the scores or something.