Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the OP is saying the colleges reached out to the coaches or directors, obviously they can’t contact any 2024 directly. That’s what I got from reading the post.

Exactly it was d1 coaches who saw her play and wanted her personally at camps or more info about her I guess. Older daughter has similar as a sophomore.

Somebody is obviously trying to make themselves seem important. Obvious violation of NCAA rules.

This is not a violation. My daughter just went through recruiting. Prior to Sept. 1, several coaches communicated with us through our club director. We knew exactly where we stood, and they knew where they stood as well. My daughter also recieved text messages from coaches asking for information. She could not have a back and forth dialog, but it is all completely within the NCAA regulations

Exactly! This is completely normal for strong players and clubs. I don’t blame the parent for not saying their name given there is someone very negative on here who doesn’t want anything about any others clubs known. If your kids team isn’t being helped with recruiting or getting coaches reaching out then put more focus on making your kids recruitable and less try to stir the pot when others are asking and answering questions.

My older daughter went through this process and is a 24 now and she also had coaches reaching out through coaches and the club and most certainly had coaches at games fall of sophomore year

Is your 24 a sophmore in HS?
The rules for lacrosse are the most strict now because 0f what went on a few years ago.
I’m sure the very top players on the top club on LI have a pretty good idea where they stand on Sept 1 but
Rules are specific in regards to contact with coaches and clubs.