Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought the extra (red) Long Island American select team last year was done because team Canada did not have tryouts. That left 1 less expected team and Long Island tryouts were done very late. There was a need for an another team and plenty of talent to create one from Long Island. Problem solved.

Adding another long Island team this year just isn't a good look. I'm sure the talent is there and the interest, but what is going to happen at other talented regions? I have no issues with more girls getting a chance to play, but be up front about it. That may be too much to expect for 2 reasons. American Select is competing directing against Under Armour tournament since they are scheduled for the same weekend again. Cashing more checks while diminishing the talent going to the UA tryouts in several months may be American Selects justification behind closed doors.

Have the American Select team from California, Conn., Long Island, Upstate, Florida been publically posted since tryouts are over??

Very hard to take it serious, when they see enough girls to make more teams, so they do. At $615 per girl, it’s a huge cash cow. It is a shame, as we had high hopes that AS would truly be an elite event and not just another huge showcase. Now, it seems it’s all about the $s and comes across as a money grab?

They are def. Watering it down with so many teams. I Will Probably have my kid tryout for UA now, instead of accepting a spot. Does anyone know if there Is a list of college coaches signed up to attend AS? Thanks