Originally Posted by Anonymous
Much like the other posters stated who have gone through this process , nobody is disputing that college coaches were not on the sidelines. Unfortunately they most likely were not paying much if any attention. You do realize these coaches get paid by the event to attend these showcase tournament right ? Top 25 programs get paid upwards of $5,000 to show up. It’s not always what it appears .

Bingo! Think logically people. We're 10 months out from 9/22. Many kids are unable to attend the majority of Fall tournaments due to other sports. These kids have a year to develop, an entire Spring season to play, and then summer tournament season. That's a lot of time and lacrosse long before the process of contact begins. Are Coaches taking a peak? Sure, but I wouldn't say it's anything more than that.

I think it's more than a peak our daughters sports recruits blew up after this weekend. Playing in these events this fall definitely gave us a one up on some other programs that did not. It's facts. Anything else said is to try and make parents of teams who didnt attend feel better.

That's great and now you'll get an email from many programs asking you to fill out a questionare. Then you'll get an email "inviting" your daughter to attend a camp or showcase. All very nice but pretty much meaningless at this point. I'm not trying to bash or cause issues, it's my 3rd go around so just trying to shed some light on how it works.

True. And you don’t have to do any of it. My ‘23 daughter missed last fall and part of the summer and was still recruited by several top schools that other people told us don’t recruit unless you attend their camp.

That is horrible advice unless your kid is one of the Unicorns/Top 25 players. Everyone else has to do a lot of work to get recruited.