I think all parents want is transparency. If a kid isn't playing why? How are you helping them to get better and get on the field(besides offering private training at an extra cost). If a kid isn't going to play cut them, don't expect them to walk away. If you ask for money, where is it going? If a kid tries out for another team another team, that should be ok. I think it's a bit bold of you to suggest that if there are complaints it's on the parents. I've yet to see a coach who is perfect. I think parents need to look at things through the eyes of a coach, that said I think coaches should make an effort to look at things through the eyes of a parent. Like it or not as a coach you are being paid to provide a service. Think of any service that you pay for in life. Don't you expect some form of communication, some reasoning of why things are being done? I think if there was a little more give and take parents, coaches and players would benefit.

I think a lot of it stems from parents inability or unwillingness to give an honest assessment of their kid's ability.