Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's the name on the back of the jersey that gets recruited, not the front. It's that simple! There is one common thread I see parents complaining about. It's the clubs' fault, the parents have paid $2000+ per year expecting that produces a lacrosse scholarship at the end of the rainbow. The clubs are only a part of the training/learning. All the successful lacrosse players work away from the clubs to improve. The girls need to work on skills, conditioning, etc, etc. The club time is only 1/4 or less it takes to become a real good player. This is obvious on every decent club team in the country, the girls that put in the time are the better players. A few club tournaments and 25 practices a year isn't enough to make anyone good enough. I feel silly having to type this, but the excuses on this site are endless.

Agree with your point about endless excuses…

Not only do they come up with crazy reasons why their daughter did not receive an offer from a particular school/schools, they will come up with reasons why other players did receive offers from those schools…

Does anyone on here care about the girls having fun and going to a school that THEY like ? Remember its girls lacrosse and after their 4 years at a "top" school they are left with the same 4 year degree that the girls who went to a "sub" top 20 school have. Man I really got to say that I truly feel bad for some of your daughters......Life is going to throw enough garbage at them all on its own so let them enjoy this time and their college experience. They dont need the extra pressure of having daddy or mommy live through them to pound their chest and say " Look at my daughter" !!! Be proud of them and stay in the background....