Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know that I'm late the party. We just moved to LI so just started on Back of the Cage. We were told that coach Tilts was the best coach on LI and we should think about going to any team she coaches, but her players don't get any looks by colleges. Is that because she coaches weak team? Is there any truth to that? My daughter has played since she was 5 and has been top of team, league in points since age 8. We were told that because her teams always play the lowest bracketl at tournaments without much success? ? And does she coach
Lightning or Power or Jesters? And direction and guidance would be greatly appreciated!!
Good lluck to all the girls this sseason!

The more well known 24 coaches are Tilts, Ramos, Weiner, Smith. Those cover the Jesters A and B team, YJ A and B team , and TG Black. Everyone has either something good or bad to say about all four of them. Seek them out and talk to them and form your own opinions. All you’ll get on here is either extreme of emotion towards them.

You left off Legacy. They are def. Up on the top as well. I would say YJ, Legacy, Top Guns, Liberty and Jesters, Are the teams you should be looking at. Tilts coaches at Jesters. I wouldn’t say they are top three ranked. However, may have the most committed coach.

Would agree here. She was at a weak program until this year. Better programs pull better players so it is easier as a coach when you have the top talent to start off with. Considering the type of players her old club attracted she did well with them. Kids on her teams and kids she trains seem to adore her. She is by far one of the most involved and committed coaches you will find which is part of the reason you'll hear her praises sang by any who work with her. Her team is probably top five of the 24 teams on the Island behind Weiner and Legacy for sure, but equivalent to Ramos.

All of the clubs mentioned by the last post are spot on with where you would want to put your kid minus liberty in my personal opinion, but again it is just that: an opinion. You'll get a lot of opinions on here, but remember they ARE NOT facts. Your best bet is to do research by going to teams or coaches pages. Here are some on social media to look at:
@LI_Yellowjackets
@liyj2024wiener
@Jesterslaxgirls
@Jesters2024Black
@coachtilts
@legacylacrossegirls
@LItopgunslacrosse
@libertylax

Hope this helps.