Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm guessing this may have already been asked, but what is the difference between UA 150 and UA All America? (Pros and Cons of each, Recruiting value, Selection process, etc.) Thank you .

My two cents. UA is application based. UA Underclass is tryout based. UA 150 no real recruiting. UA Underclass much better for recruiting. UA you pay 650$, UA underclass is free. My kid will be doing both only because she loves to play and while UA 150 will not have the best kids, they will still have good enough kids there for a good tournament. But if you were going to chose one or another Underclass.

FYI. As with everything in kid sports, politics will be involved.

Half right half completely wrong. Yes, UA150 is an application w highlight video and $600+. UA All America is a tryout and free. The biggest difference is UA150 mixes up kids from many different clubs on each UA150 team and UA All America has the regionally selected kids play for their regional team. Thus, UA All America kids generally play on their regional team with some kids they know. Less so with UA150. Most importantly, the recruiting information above is not correct. I was at UA150 last year and there were plenty of brand-name colleges represented on the sidelines. Finally, the suggestion that UA150 will not have the best kids is ridiculous. Don't take my word for it, just look at the posted rosters for the UA150 teams and what club team they play for. M&D Black, Skywalker's, Yellow Jackets etc on every team.