Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok this isn’t mean to be rude in anyway but just genuinely trying to understand something. A friend of mines daughter plays on a 24 team that has been consistently looked down upon as a club and team went to a tournament today where they paid to play in their second tournament of the year, the first being NXT and the second being Spring Blast off today. She didn’t say anything negative about it, so if you are associated with the team please know no one on your team said anything bad, but from looking up this event I’m very confused as to why their money was filtered into one poor fall tournament and another weak s winter tournament with zero college coaches where they played two local town teams and a team ranked 150 last year.

My question is what the point of events like these are for recruiting aged kids? What is the purpose of spending your allotted money for tournaments on these types of events? Is it for team chemistry and field time even though no recruiting is happening?

It’s probably just a partnership with the tournament director or something. I can’t think of any other reason to attend that unless you’re a younger or weaker team