That is completely untrue. Many high academic girls first choice is D3. MANY...they don't start recruiting until JULY when you get an academic read....if you would even get into many of these schools. Many D3 schools are excellent and competitive...[/quote]

100%! My 2022 daughter chose a high academic D3 school in order to have a college experience on top of competitive lacrosse. After going on 3 official visits to D1 schools in the 10-25 ranking range, she realized that your college experience really all about lacrosse and at the schools she was looking at, the academics were also rigorous. You live with teammates, not allowed to join sororities (at least at the schools she visited) and obviously can't spend a semester abroad. It's not for everyone. My 2024 daughter will likely go D1 because that's the experience she wants. D3 isn't just girls who didn't get D1 offers. I would strongly encourage high academic players to at least check out a couple D3 programs. They may be surprised like my daughter.