Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there tryouts for pick up teams? Don’t think my old post went through.

I’ve noticed that there are three 24 pick up teams and now a 2027 one according to the 27 thread.

I’d like to get my daughter onto one but not sure how. Do they play local only? Who runs them? What are the costs ?

I believe some of the pick up teams were started by parents and know of another started by a coach who trains girls from multiple teams. The coach’s (Tilts) team name is LI Power. I believe she has an instagram and you can maybe reach out to her for her future stuff. The fall league is almost over. Don’t know what other extra leagues/tournament they are doing? If you know of girls on a pick up team , ask them who is organizing it, and see if they need more players?

While (Tilts) offered a ‘Free’ 2024 fall team for her private clients and select others, the Jesters 2024 team had no entry and limited practices. Maybe she should pay more attention to the team she agreed to a Co-Head Coach for a salary. Only a few girls from jesters were asked to play in the fall and what do you think that does to team morale? The team could use the work and the 2 headed head coach doesn’t seem to be working when neither has the time for fall ball.
#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

We versed them with our YJ team during fall ball. The majority of that team is jesters I believe, as is the lightning team.

FYI, the majority of the Lightning pick up team is not Jesters. There are girls from multiple LI clubs on that team. Jesters, Legacy, YJs, Liberty, LaxOn , that I know of. It’s great to see girls from multiple LI teams coming together and bonding, playing and supporting each other!! smile

Power is Jesters, legacy, top guns, 91, empire, and YJ Kildare. Tribe is yellow jackets and jesters mostly. Lightning as mentioned above is also a mix. It’s great for these girls to learn to play with others to really grow their skills!