Originally Posted by Anonymous
By high academics I believe OP meant the NESCAC type schools or ODAC like Washington and Lee or Univ of Chicago, Vasser, Centennial Conference Gettysburg, Franklin and Marshall, Amherst, M.I.T., Bowdoin etc.
Those D3 high academics are committing last of 2022’s and are just beginning to check grades of 2023’s. Unlike Ivy’s or great schools like Norte Dame, Duke , Virginia etc they cannot use sport priority acceptance reference grades for school. Grades than sports not Sports and grades which is no way a knock on the D1 High Academics. It’s just those type D3’s cannot prioritize athletic ability over academic as easy as a D1. Not a knock just a reality. Before I’m attacked that doesn’t lessen any kids academics at any top school in D1.

I have a kid at one of each. Both experiences are amazing

Thank you for clarifying all of that. The high academic D3 settle very late.

It's apples to oranges comparison, few if any high caliber athletes/lacrosse players with excellent grades will go DIII. There are too many high quality DI lacrosse schools with excellent academics. There is a school for everyone but the high caliber DI and DIII academic schools recruit from different pools of players.

False statement
Sorry but Nescac and several of the others attract D1 talent looking for a top education

What is false or misleading is the statement "Nescac and several of the others attract D1 talent looking for a top education". You are painting with a very broad brush, there are approximately 119 Division I programs and the talent pool is extremely wide. It is rare for a top tier player to choose DIII because of academics. There are too many great academic schools that offer high quality lacrosse. It is not the same talent pool.

You don’t think that stellar students would choose academics over lacrosse ?

The large majority of Stellar students who are also stellar athletes will choose to DI where they can combine excellent academics and excellent athletics. Excellent lacrosse players with excellent grade will have opportunities at schools like Princeton, Stanford, Penn, North BC western, Duke, Hopkins, Notre Dame etc… many would not turn their nose up at Virginia, Michigan, UNC, USC, BC Dartmouth, Florida either. The talent level at schools like Vanderbilt, Cornell, Brown, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Georgetown, Cal is all higher than you will find at the DIIi level. Obviously it is significantly higher at places like Maryland, Penn State, Syracuse, Va Tech which are all very good schools that many find much more appealing than the DIII schools being discussed.

Nothing wrong with DIII but they are not competing for many of the same players that DI schools are competing for.