Originally Posted by Anonymous
Something people aren’t realizing is that many clubs aren’t playing with their true teams. You’ll notice YJ is entering tournaments as colors not team names because they are moving kids around as needed to fill rosters. I saw a kid on jesters at primetime I know is on their b team. Kids from o Sullivan also played up on Kildare for numbers this fall. There are a lot of kids who can’t attend fall tournaments because they are varsity athletes or have other obligations. If you have an athletic team you probably have multiple sport players who have conflicts.

No one is actually concerned with rankings even our team which is ranked sixth. It’s the fall. Sample sizes, new rosters, kids playing around to for subs etc mess up the fall calculations.

Also went in to look at “blown out of the water” someone referred to earlier by an “unranked team.” If my digging is correct rhe unranked team that killed a team in the top five is YJ Weiner which is far from “unranked” they are top five every year and would destroy the majority of the teams on Long Island.

Good insight into fall sports and how clubs operate in this age group. I looked up the info from the post also but came to a different conclusion…YJ Wiener had crushed that team yet wasn’t ranked yet. Several lower teams had also beaten that team also. 3 losses and one shaky win in 7 games. If this was a preseason ranking it would look much different. Most of the top 50 weren’t represented. I agree it’s Way Too early to be talking about any of this.