Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s amazing to see so many 2023s committing every day
And plenty of 2022s also. We wish them all luck and it continues to be a learning experience. What an exciting time for them an their families.
Makes me glad that I listened to those who told us to relax in the fall because 2024 year had plenty of time and it was still very early.
Also, makes me aware of those that tried to promote the hype and fear to make a buck. You are Greedy!!!

24s have a bunch of time but early bird gets the worm

What does that mean?

Seriously! Doesn’t matter how early the girl is , if the coach(es) is not interested in her. By the time the girls are 24s, the top 20 are prob. known for the most part. The ones who have to worry about 9/1 phone calls! Other than that, girls have time throughout the process to get seen. No need to panic in the Fall of 10th grade. Plenty of opportunities are out there for all the lacrosse girls. Relax, think clearly and be realistic.

I would agree. However, from what I have seen with two that have gone through the process there are many unrealistic parents.

IMHO, the most important thing you can do right now is help your daughter try to identify what is important to her with regard to college.

What does she want, what is important to her?

Obviously academics are important as is potential major / field of study etc... look to match academic considerations with other variables such as: geographic location, size of school, public vs private, city vs suburban, affordability etc.... try to come up with as big of a list as possible and than prioritize/rank the schools. After you have that, put a plan in place to market herself to those schools. Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, don't be afraid to reach out to the very top programs/schools the worst thing that can happen is that they do not return any interest. Do not be an annoying pest but definitely have your daughter reach out to the coaches at the schools on her list and introduce herself (don't be afraid to get creative). Once September 1 rolls around be ready to add schools to the list if needed. Remember things can and do change quickly as players start to commit. Every time a player commits, a bunch of coaches have to move down their list. Utilize your club director/coach, your HS coach, current and former players if you know any from the schools that your daughter is interested in. Ask these people to reach out to see if the coaches will take a close look and see if there is any interest in your daughter. If your daughter receives interest from schools that are not high on her list or not on the list at all still engage with the coach and learn more about the school and the program you never know it just might be a great fit. Make sure your daughter introduces herself to all the coaches on the staff. Do not listen to people who say the grad assistant has no say. If the grad assistant or current or former player thinks highly of a prospect the Head coach will take a look and that is all that you can ask for.

There is always a lot of chatter on here regarding the Top Programs as well as the Top Academic Schools some of which are one and the same but the reality is that there will be a relatively small number of players from Long Island who will have the opportunity to go to a Top 20 Lacrosse School or a Top 20 Academic School. Probably 5 or 6 will go to the Ivy's and 15 - 20 to the top lacrosse programs, so be sure have some backup schools on the list.

What year is your daughter that this is your advice ? Does she play in college?