Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not every player is looking to play in college. i know girls on these teams who play because they enjoy the game and the camaraderie. For some, this is their second sport/activity and but their primary.

supposed to read “not their primary.” darn autocorrect

I think the concern is more so for the talented kids who didn’t move teams yet who are still on those rosters. Wasting their potential with clubs that can’t do anything for them.

I think you should know by 6th grade if your daughter is serious enough to want to play in college and you should kind of know her abilities and commitment by then? Then you will know if it warrants trying to get on a more serious team? She will need to try and make a move to one of the more serious teams before HS age. It gets harder and harder as you approach 9th grade. 10th grade is when the recruiting starts and teams seem pretty much set, With a few exceptions. Just depends on how serious and committed a kid wants to be in the sport? Other than that, if a kid just wants to play for the enjoyment of the sport, Then that’s awesome! It’s great on LI we have plenty of different clubs that suit every type of player! We are lucky.