Originally Posted by SAT1234
100% agree at least from midewst standpoint. The Midwest UA command team is an absolute joke. Practically the entire team was from the 3 coaches clubs. 3 coaches from MN, IL, MI. Guess what the team looked like 7 kids from MN, 7 from Il, 7 from MI. The kids from MN & MI with exception of one or two would not start for half of the top 10 club teams in the Midwest. Complete nonsense and waste of time! They need to figure a way to get the best kids on these teams. My kid did not deserve to make the team but I know quite a few who should have. I watched many of the tryout games. There were clearly many kids "missed" by the evaluators and plenty of obvious politically motivated kids that made the team.

If you look at Midwest, West or most of the non traditional marketing, American Select rosters were much strong than the UA rosters.

Politics, maybe? But also the two best clubs in the Midwest (Team 1 and MN Elite) had their coaches coaching the teams. In California, it was most STEPs girls, Coloardo was mostly Team180 girls. Connecticut was worst of all where the rosters was 90% CT grizzlies. All player for their clubs coaches.

Once these girls made the American select roster, most players didn't even tryout for UA.