Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not the prior poster but I also have a 2022. She did have a fall of sophomore year. Her team has coaches on the sidelines of all her fall tournaments including Presidents Cup. She also attended camps that fall and winter until Covid shut everything down around March timeframe. Even though Covid shut down her spring high school season she did play summer tournaments. No coaches were allowed because of NCAA blackout with Covid that summer so all games were filmed and given to players.( I specifically remember She played mid Atlantic and at the DE complex in a tournament that replaced G8 that summer which was canceled). We made a summer highlight video to send to coaches. She committed third week of Sept her junior year. I will say she did play midfield for a top lacrosse team and was on a well known high school varsity team as well (although as stated did not get a sophomore year). She had teammates that committed earlier than her and some that committed as late as the following summer before senior year. So the journey is not the same for everyone. But yes, the higher D1 coaches do watch sophomores in their fall tournaments. The mid to lower D1 will have a slightly later recruiting schedule and D3 will start almost a full year behind high D1 with recruiting.
So yes this fall coaches will still be watching 2024 but the top 2025s will have high D1 coaches on their sidelines.
I hope this helps

To be clear, mid to lower level D1 are still watching in sophomore year and early junior year, they just aren't making offers on 9/1 because they are looking to see which of their targets didnt get top 25 offers.

As an example Central Michigan had 4 23s commit within the last 10 days. a couple of those girls were from top clubs where I assume they didn't get the top 25 offers