Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
You obviously have no clue. If you follow the girls on Long Island you would know that the most of the top players were on the black team. There are a couple that shouldn’t be on it but the top 20 Long Island 2024s are on that black team this year. There is one girl that plays for top guns that’s not on the team. If you look at last year’s 2023 team which is not nearly as strong as this year’s 2024, you would conclude that there were many top players on that team. If you go through the roster you could see where they committed. Yale, Florida, Binghamton, Quinnipiac, Notre Dame, Fordham, Virginia, Florida, Albany, Stony Brook, Stanford, duke, Villanova, navy, JMU, Stanford, Stonybrook. That’s just from last year’s black 2023 team that played at American Select.

You are right other poster is way off
The bashing is just old and notIntelligent. It seems that if you aren’t in the top 24 ( AS Black ) you are through. It’s over. D3 bench player if it all goes right.
You’re mistaken in that there’s Stanford x2 and USBx4 when ( Red Team included ) plus Brown UMass Marist Lafayette Merrimack Pace Cortland x2 Florida Southern SHU Penn High Point and I think a few more D3’s weren’t posted. I counted from last years website it looks like 34 of 40 are committed which is very solid. Yes maybe only 1/2 Top 20 but who cares? Plenty other very solid D1 schools on list and a good D2 and some nice D3’s. If all you’re worried about is a Top20 than you don’t need to do any of these as she must be a top 50 player in America today. Congrats. Not all of the 100+ LI commits from 2023 were top 50 as that math doesn’t work. Just my opinion but I’d go even if I made Red

Ok, so 10 of the 24 players committed to top academic or lacrosse schools. What happened to the rest? Will be the same this year. Last years team was actually strong. Lost in semis by 1. Wonder if this years team will have similar stats?
Your response is " so 10 players committed to top schools" Please go away with your nonsense and negativity.

When a "Team" markets itself as a "select team" and parents want to pound their chest and say that the team has selected the Top Players there will be criticism. The players on the 24 Black team are from two clubs, 19 Yellow Jackets and 4 Legacy, If you believe that they are the best 23 players on Long Island you are truly delusional. This is the most political team ever. Fewer than 10 of the 23 players will receive offers from top tier college programs. These "teams" and "Lists" fuel the fire of the delusional parents who actually believe the hype. When September 1st rolls around everybody will see just who the Top Players are. We will also hear all kinds of excuses on the sidelines from parents as to why their daughter is not receiving offers from Top 5, Top 10, and Top 20 programs. We will also hear these same parents knock some of the players who do receive offers and commit to the best programs (many of which are excellent schools). We will hear that's a real head scratcher, she will never see the field, her father is connected etc... It's all BS. The college coaches, especially the ones at the best programs do a very good job at identifying the best talent year in and year out and very few top notch players fall through the cracks. Be happy if your daughter make a team or is on a list but know that the college coaches do not care. The coaches watch the kids play and they go after the players that they believe to be the best.
Good Luck and enjoy the ride.