Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people with your make believe polls that bolster your daughters team is real sad state of affairs. Leave the polls alone there are three different ones that matter Louisville at 7 UVA at 6 Princeton all the way up to 5 after the really impressive one goal win over a poor unranked Georgetown team. Lololo
Agenda driven Stick to these
Iwlca coaches poll
Media poll
Nike lax mag
my daughter plays D1 but on none of those teams, nor on any of the top teams on any list. I, for one, do not consider it a "poll" as much as an opinion, thus the I.M.H.O. I don't think past years performance should be in any equation. What I do believe is that any team can change from year to year, be it the #1 or #107. Every year another school adds a program and gives girls more options in places to play. No longer are girls fighting for a place on a handful of teams, and fighting for playing time. Girls that developed later are finding quality time and making a difference on non traditional squads. I believe in the next few years the field will be a lot closer amongst all the teams. The bigs will still get the good players, but as time goes by, and those players aren't getting the minuets they want, they will go to other schools and improve many different programs. Just on my daughters team they have had girls transfer in and out from\to bigger programs.